One of your rights under data protection law is the right of access to the personal data that we hold about you. The process of requesting your data is called a Subject Access Request (SAR).

How to ask for a SAR

If you want a copy of the personal data we hold (or simply want confirmation as to whether or not we process data about you), you must make a request, either in writing or verbally. Our contact details are here.

Please include the following in your SAR:

  • Your full name, postal address, email address and telephone number
  • The statement “I the undersigned and the person identified above hereby request that AxiaFunder (1) inform me of the personal data held about me OR (2) provide me with a copy of the personal data Crowdfunds hold about me.”
  • [If request made in writing] Signature and date

What you can expect from us

Before releasing personal data we may have to take steps to confirm your identity. This could include requiring a piece of photo identification or answering a number of security questions related to your account.

Once we verify your identity, we will log your request, and we will search all databases to find any personal data we currently hold.

We will provide an electronic copy of your personal data within a month of your request.

Please be aware that there are circumstances in which the law allows us to extend the response time or charge an administrative fee. In either case, we will inform you by email within one month of receiving your request.

What you can do once you receive the data we hold

Once you receive the data we hold, you have the right to ask for data to be corrected or erased.

Please be aware that we may not always be able to erase personal data we may hold about you. If your personal data relates to an investment you have made, financial services regulation requires us to keep certain information on file for a period of 5 years.

In the event you have a complaint about the way we have handled your personal data or your SAR, you can count on us to take your complaint seriously.

If you feel your data protection rights have been violated and you do not feel you have had a satisfactory response from us , you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).

Can't find your answer?

We're here to help. Get in touch and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

Contact us

Back to support
Related Questions