(1) certified high net worth individuals
(2) self-certified sophisticated investors
(3) professional investors
Investors might be able to qualify as a self-certified sophisticated investor if they meet at least one of the following criteria:
(1) Individual is a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and has been so for at least the last six months prior to the date of this declaration
(2) Individual has made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the two years prior to the date of this declaration
(3) Individual is working, or has worked in the two years prior to the date of this declaration, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises
(4) Individual is currently, or has been in the two years prior to the date of this declaration, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million.
For more information on investor categorisation, please refer to the FCA’s Handbook.
We're here to help. Get in touch and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Back to support