Introduction to litigation funding
In a recently published article on Angel Investment Network’s website, AxiaFunder discuss litigation funding, its benefits, and the impacts of post Covid-19 economic environment on litigation investment.
Litigation funding - where a third-party agrees to fund the legal costs in exchange for a share of the proceeds eventually recovered by the claimant - is normally provided on a non-recourse basis and thus has to be repaid only if the case wins.
Litigation funding has the potential to yield significant returns to case investors – i.e. investors of a successful case can typically expect to double, triple or quadruple their initial investment. In addition, litigation funding as an asset class has zero correlation with the fluctuations in the broader economy and other assets. It is also very unlikely for cases to be related to one another. This feature offers further portfolio diversification.
Given that litigation investment has zero correlation with the fluctuations in the broader economy and other assets, it is considered a compelling investment in current economic environment plagued by volatility and uncertainty related to the Covid-19 pandemic. In addition, litigation itself is expected to increase during a recession due to a sharp increase in a number of business insolvency related claims.
To read the full article, visit https://www.angelinvestmentnetwork.net/an-introduction-to-litigation-funding.
Capital at risk. Returns not guaranteed.
- Back the suits who are bankrolling disputes
- The Investor Appropriateness Test
- Risks for investors in litigation funding | AxiaFunder
- Catalysing class actions using litigation funding
- Introduction to litigation funding
- Litigation funding and access to justice
- Financial Thing: Q&A with AxiaFunder
- Secondary Market trading activity
- Innovations in Litigation Funding Digital Event
- Flexible litigation funding
- AxiaFunder launches secondary market for trading litigation finance investments
- UK Investor Magazine podcast
- Feature in the UK Investor Magazine
- AxiaFunder general update
- Overview of litigation finance in Net Interest
- AxiaFunder launches first international case
- Litigation funding versus other investment opportunities
- Single case versus portfolio litigation funding
- Litigation Finance Journal podcast
- Evaluating litigation crowdfunding in light of the Code of the ALF