How to Suffer Loss
The following blog post was written by Bruce Packard CFA, an independent value investor and personal friend of Cormac Leech, CEO of AxiaFunder.
“The idea of litigation finance is simple, legal cases cost money and sometimes a claimant is unable to afford to fight a case; so in exchange for money up front, they share the return of any settlement winnings paid out in the future. Burford Capital does this very successfully – but Cormac is trying to allow retail investors to fund smaller cases.
I find the idea appealing, and not just because it should make money. Partly because litigation finance reminds me of the original adventurous spirit of the City of London and the first Joint Stock Companies which were formed to trade with countries overseas from the 1550s.”
Continue to read at: https://brucepackard.com/how-to-suffer-loss/
Originally posted on Bruce Packard’s blog on 12 Oct., 2018
- AxiaFunder case win: net investor gain of 43% after 8 months
- Axia sponsorship & participation at R3 London & SouthEast Regional Meeting
- How to Suffer Loss
- Fancy Something Different for Your Isa? Try a Little Innovation
- Wisdom of crowds: startup brings crowd funding to litigation finance by CityAM
- Litigation Crowdfunding: Socially Inclusive or Ambulance Chasing?
- London Fintech Podcast - Litigation Crowdfunding w/Cormac Leech CEO Axiafunder
- New P2P platform launches to fund litigation cases
- Litigation finance industry opens up to private investors
- What are the risks facing an investor in litigation funding?
- The Best Kept Secret in Investing?